Your Expertise Will Make a Difference.
244 5th Ave, New York, NY 10001
Major Gifts Officer
ICDS (Integrated Communications and Digital Solutions, Inc )
ICDS (Integrated Communications and Digital Solutions, Inc is a youth empowerment non profit for the urban communities of the state of New York using cause content to fund programs that heal, enrich and empower youths with skill sets in preparation for a successful future while engaging and informing the communities of all possible opportunities created.
ICDS Inc nonprofit is seeking a motivated individual to assist the Executive Director in building and maintaining positive relationships and partnerships by pursuing and cultivating gifts $10k+ to contribute to ICDS’s operating budget. They will strategize, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts over $10,000 from individuals, businesses, media, donors, and other organizations within the region, state, and local community in order to increase annual contributed income for ICDS.
Job functions include fund development for launching and managing a middle donor giving program that focuses on increasing fundraising outcome to an annual average of 500 clients with minimum donations of $1000 monthly each fostering long- term engagement and investment.
A successful candidate will: be passionate, well organized, detail orientated and have excellent communication and people skills; work well independently and as a part of a team; be competent with Microsoft office suite, internet and social media.
Flexible work environment at home or in office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and solicit prospective donors for ICDS
- Identify and research various individuals and business sectors for donor prospects.
- In conjunction with the AVP and major gifts team, share prospect information annually with ICDS, collect feedback, and incorporate appropriate notes into database and follow-up strategies; participate in monthly prospect meetings; and participate in cultivation and stewardship events
- Facilitate prospect cultivation opportunities for Board members and donors in conjunction with ICDS programs.
- Work with staff to rate and store prospect info for periodic review, brochure mailings, cultivation, and solicitations.
Major Gift Cultivation and Solicitation
- Attend meetings with donors to discuss opportunities for funding specific initiatives.
- Attend various dinners and receptions with donors to strengthen relationships.
- Call, email, and write to donors to touch base and share information.
- Prepare requests, proposals, and reports for major donors.
- Lead project and program specific campaigns as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the cultivation, solicitation and closing of major gifts greater than $10,000
- Experience with non-profits a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build 1:1 relationships with existing donors and new prospects
- Available for evening and/or weekend work and willingness to travel
- Comfort with cold-calling, establishing relationships, and building rapport where none may previously have existed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Maturity, diplomacy, and creativity
- Creative problem solver
- Customer service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Tessitura and Microsoft Office
- Passionate commitment to non-profit performing arts and ICDS’s programming
Salary: 100% Commission based with residuals and bonus opportunities. Comprehensive benefits package including pension and health after a period of consistent employment (1 year)
Application Instructions: must complete an online application, including both resume and cover letter, through ICDS’s website – no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.