Media Sales Representative
Your Expertise Will Make a Difference.
ICDS (Integrated Communications and Digital Solutions, Inc is a youth empowerment non profit for the urban communities of the state of New York using high media cause content to fund programs that heal, enrich and empower youths with skill sets in preparation for a successful future while engaging and informing the communities of all possible opportunities created.
ICDS Inc nonprofit is seeking a motivated individual to assist the Executive Director in building and maintaining positive relationships and partnerships by pursuing and cultivating media sales of $10k+ annually to contribute to ICDS’s operating budget. They will strategize, cultivate, sales and steward gifts over $10,000 from individuals, businesses, media, donors, and other organizations within the region, state, and local community in order to increase annual contributed income for ICDS moreSTEM initiatives.
A successful candidate will: be passionate, well organized, detail orientated and have excellent communication and people skills; work well independently and as a part of a team; be competent with Microsoft office suite, internet and social media.
Flexible work environment at home or in office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect Management
- Identify prospective clients for ICDS
- In conjunction with the major gifts team, share prospect information annually with ICDS, collect feedback, and incorporate appropriate notes into database and follow-up strategies; participate in monthly prospect meetings; and participate in cultivation and stewardship events
- Facilitate prospect cultivation opportunities for Board members and donors in conjunction with ICDS programs.
- Work with staff to rate and store prospect info for periodic review, brochure mailings, cultivation, and solicitations.
- Attend meetings with donors to discuss opportunities for funding specific initiatives.
- Call, email, and write to donors to touch base and share information.
- Lead project and program specific campaigns as assigned
- Fundraising and/or sales experience
- Experience with non-profits (optional)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build 1:1 relationships with clientele
- Comfort with cold-calling, establishing relationships, and building rapport where none may previously have existed
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Maturity, diplomacy, and creativity
- Creative problem solver
- Customer service skills
- Preferred Qualifications
- Passionate commitment to ICDS’s programming
100% Commission based with residuals and bonus opportunities. Comprehensive benefits package including pension and health after a period of consistent employment (1 year)
Please include both resume and cover letter – no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
244 5th Ave, New York, NY 10001